Monday 9 April 2012

Flamming useless eBayers.

Put my old car up on eBay with an end-date of last Wednesday (4th April). Winner contacts me at 22:50 asking if they can collect the car the next day. Replied saying yes, then nothing. No further contact from winning bidder.
Have messaged them 3 times but still no reply.

Have had to wait for 4 days to be able to open 'Payment not received' case (which is why I am on the PC at 00:15 in the morning). I will give the winner until teatime to see if they respond, otherwise I'm going to have to close the open case, then contact the 2nd-highest bidder to see if they still want the car.

I guess the winning bidder only realized the car was over 250 miles away when they decided to plan their route to collect it.
It's not like I need the money, or anything. My new car is in to have the cambelt changed and this was the cash I was going to pay the mechanic with. It does make me wonder whether or not new users to ebay should have to sit through a training course before being able to actually bid. Its not like there is a distance filter or anything, after all.

No comments: