Saturday 1 June 2013

Is Wikaniko worth it?.

 What is Wikaniko?.

Wikaniko (pron. 'We-can-eco') is basically a UK-based MLM operation concentrating on selling eco-freindly products via catalogues, word of mouth, customized website & party plans.
It was set up back in 2008 by a British couple with £200 borrowed from a relative.
The company works by recruiting 'distributors' via it's website (link above). These then either build their own downlinks of sub-distributors, or concentrate on selling product to end customers.

Wikaniko's current plan costs £79 per year + a £3.50 p/m web-hosting fee. At the moment, they are holding off on the £79 for 6 months to see if you can make the program work.
One method of selling is via the traditional catalog through the dorr just like Betterware & Kleeneze. Other methods include direct customer contact & also via social media advertising.

Now, I'm quite skeptical about these MLM schemes despite my o/h making good sales doing a Betterware round a few years back (she gave-up due to ill health), but as I need to find another income stream I thought I would sign-up and see how I get on.
So, here is how things worked-out (this will be updated Monthly for a year or so).

1/06/13 - Signed-up to Wikaniko @ 15:00 hrs. Within 2 hours I had received my welcome email containing my connection details & a link to their training material.
Started working my way through the training material & discovered a large error with the audio lecture given by 'Big Al'. It runs for around 15 minutes, then cuts-off halfway through a sentence. Thus, you don't get to hear the full lesson on marketing and promoting your new MLM business.
Luckily the slide show lessons seem to work without any hitches (although one section refers to the 'members forum' but fails to provide a link). I need to find-out how to get some catalogs to do a trial drop.

07/06/13 - Just looked at buying some cleaning products to resell & as Wikaniko use UKMail for their deliveries, the cost to deliver 10 bottles is an eye-watering £5.99. This is 59.9p per bottle. Looks like I might need to free-up some cash to place a bulk order of 50 items.

12/06/13 - Placed first order for £20 worth of stuff (inc. a CD of Stationary which is a one-off purchase).

15/06/13 - Order arrived today. Astonish creme cleaner works superbly well and will be a good seller. Will try the recycled scourers & Aloe vera soap later this week, but can say that the CD of official stationery is a total rip-off. It contains 12 variants of business cards, letterheads & compliment slips to allow you create matching sets. The CD only contains 42 M/b of files.
I would have expected more, such as posters and adverts for local press & shop windows etc., but looks like I am on my own with that one..

01/03/2014 - Winkaniko has proved to be a damp squid. I have managed to find almost every product they sell much cheaper elsewhere. I have since cancelled my account as I decided it really wasn't worth expending any effort on. The only people really making any money out of this are the couple who run it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about Wikaniko. How is it going? Are you making a profit? Thanks