Sunday 16 September 2012

Bringing a few posts up to date

It's now nearly 10 weeks since I ordered a few Toluna Gifties and as of yet, nothing has arrived. As I thought, it is all a big bag of hot air (I stand to be corrected however). A survey on Toluna itself has proved that I'm not the only one to not receive what I have ordered.

The oven that British Gas's Homecare engineer managed to destroy when attempting a simple repair job has now been replaced thanks to a £300 pay-out from BG (they initially offered £180, but we really stuck it in to them). As you can see, it does pay to complain.

YNAB is proving to be quite a useful tool since the latest 4.1.3 update fixed some irritating bugs and added a couple of new features.

PPI reclaiming is proving to be easier than I first thought. Within 1 week of sending-off the initial letters, one lender had a form on my doormat for me to sign and return. 
Just waiting for the other 3 to respond. They still have until 4th October before they go over the limit. 

Money from surveys. I finally reached a payout from 'Valued opinions'. YouGov staggers-on towards a £50 payout. Only 600 points to go, so aiming for mid-2013 for a payout from that one. Vivatic surveys seem to keep screening-out, so only 75p nearer the target than I was before.

No comments: